Summer Camp Newsletter
Welcome to Hazel Creek Summer Camp. We are so delighted to have all of our new and returning students. To help make the summer camp experience the best it can be, here are a few reminders for our “campers.”
1. Please bring a water bottle for your child
2. Please bring suntan lotion and sign the permission slip to allow your children to apply it. We can help the younger ones.
3. Please bring a backpack with a change of clothes, a swimming suit and a towel. You might want to include a plastic bag that your child can place their wet things into.
4. Please bring a sack lunch. We prefer not to heat up their lunches in the summer as we may be eating outside if weather permits.
5. Please bring rain gear if needed. We will still be going places and don’t want them to get soaked “before” they get wet.
6. Please have your child wear comfortable shoes each day for hiking and riding. DO NOT LET YOUR CHILD WEAR OPEN TOED SHOES. DO NOT LET THEM TALK YOU INTO WEARING 2 PAIRS OF SHOES AND CHANGING.
7. Please have your child wear hats or sunglasses if it is sunny out and they like to wear them.
8. Please have your child provide their own goggles for swimming.
9. Please sign in and out every day
10. Please sign all of the necessary forms for your child to attend.
We will have the kids divide up into groups their own ages each day. You will drop off by NO LATER than 9am so we can place them with their group. IF YOU DROP OFF LATER THEN THAT we may not be able to a. find their group and b. place them with the group they want. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT FOR THE SMOOTH RUNNING OF THE CAMP EACH AND EVERY DAY!
Please do not arrive LATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We will rotate each group every hour or so depending on how many kids we have each day. Your child will experience riding, swimming, cooking, art and sports every day. Some of the older groups will have dance class too. The children who are here half a day will get half of the activities. The children who nap will also get half of the activities. There may be days that we spontaneously change our routines or activities, so don’t expect to lock into the very same routine each and every day. Your child’s groups can also change according to who is here each day. We will try to place them with their buddies, but we might have to mix it up on some day or change them around if students arrive late.
Let us know how we can help your child. Please be very positive with the staff and address all of your concerns to the staff person involved the minute you might have a concern or question. If the staff can’t answer your question or if you need to talk to me, please don’t hesitate to call me @ 206-265-1598. Keep in mind that I teach in the summer as well, so I might not have the time to take a long call, but I am happy to set up a meeting with you for later. I will not address a situation on the phone that needs more in-depth consideration. I will call for a meeting with everyone that is involved before discussing a situation that needs our attention. Your child might loose an article so look every day in lost and found. Keep in mind that we live on a farm, arrive early enough to pick up your child if you need to be someplace. We might be in a different location than you planned for and you may need a few extra moments to find us. Drop off will be at the tan school before 9am and pick-up will be at the back play area by the pool at 3pm.
Thank you for your understanding.
Let’s have fun!